Tuesday 22 November 2016

Well - it's top of the pile - so far!

Mum and Dad arrived safely after an horrendous rain filled journey and were pleased to realkax in a warm and cheery house.  So relaxed were they that I didn't see them much before 9m this morning - reporting on how nice the new bed is although it does have sharp corners which has caught Dad a couple of times as he moves around the room.  I guess what I am trying to say is that this morning was a leisurely affair with mum trying out the soup maker for the first time(she was really pleased with her leek and potato soup and is planning make carrot and ginger tomorrow), Dad walking his dog to get a paper and back and me?    Well - I finished the unusual cracker last night so made a start on a present for an impending great niece / nephew - only getting side tracked when an email pinged into my inbox offering good savings on a Dyson V6 - just right for keeping upstairs rather than lugging the main hoover up and down.  How could I resist?


Of course the main reason for my parents being up here is to continue with the house search and today saw the first of 5 appointments.  Dad had carefully compared all the details of each house against his criteria checklist and come up with these possible 5 - so we knew that today's house would have the correct sized rooms etc.  Truthfully the house was very nice and had been cared for.  It even had a large enough garden and offered the potential to deal with downstairs living should the need arise.  However. Upstairs was just as nice but had steps up and down .  Not a problem but each step was such a high step and would need a second smaller step fitted.  Okay - this can be done - but the actual stairs were really steep and the downstairs dining room , which had been earmarked as a possible downstairs bedroom in time, was actually the main thoroughfare into the house.  I am not saying that each problem couldn't be addressed but it was quite a depressing experience - particularly after all that research.





So - what's a girl to do when in need of cheering her parents up?  After some supplies purchased for mum's craft project tomorrow, we popped into a garden centre for some coffee and cake.  I say cake but this banoffee pie was rather rich.  Its a good job that we had had a simple soup for lunch!








Tonight it's my fortnightly sewing class.  At this point I will need to confess that I haven't done my homework but I am hoping that she lets me off when I show her the lovely presents that I have been making.  Talking of presents I did give one away today so I  can reveal it.  Mum is having her buyer's family around for a meal next week so I thought that she would find more use for this before Christmas - it's a candle wreath and the instructions can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, house hunting can be so disappointing and disheartening. Is amazing how a property can be "bigged" up.
    Banoffi looks good!

    ReplyDelete