Saturday 26 November 2016

Santa comes to town

Last night's Book Club Christmas party went well.  I had made 12 brooches for the 12 books that we have read this year and the gift went down well -along with a lovely poem on the reverse of the card that just sums up how much we like reading.




My choice of dishes were a Trio of Fish










followed by Roast turkey and all the trimmings








and then the largest Cheese and biscuits I have ever seen!!!







The only downside to a night out is how tired you feel the next morning!  However today is the church's Christmas Fayre (with Santa arriving at 3pm) so I needed to be up and about - collecting together everything to take for my stall - the raffle.  It is always a lovely start to the Christmas Season (4 weeks tomorrow) and yet the warm sunny weather doesn't really provide the right atmosphere!

Tonight its Strictly so guess where I will be!!

In terms of my parents - they have spent the day over at my brother's - no doubt going through the different houses again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good that you and your brother live close to each other so I vote for a single story home either next to you or your brother or 1/2 way between the end

    ReplyDelete