Monday 28 November 2016

Family ties - and an apology

Firstly - let me apologise for not blogging yesterday.  I don't miss many but yesterday I was out all day at the Knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate and was just poooped!  Mind you  I broke a tradition - I didn't buy any fabric and came home with money to spend - what is wrong with me?  Wendy and I also tried to be creative in a landscape workshop - something that, as you can see from the photo, Wendy achieved much easier than me! I also learnt how to use a twin needle so all was not lost!

Meanwhile Mum and Dad were trying out a church to see if they could go there on a regular basis - and it was a hit - so that helps with the house search.


Talking about Mum and Dad, it was an early start today so that they could set off home - meeting up with my brother and his wife on the way.  They brought along my niece Cadi, and my nephew Mark - along with my two great nieces Evi and Abi - aren't these lovely photos?

Me?  Well after some general sorting out for craft club, planting some tulip bulbs and adding some soil to the bulbs that Mum planted yesterday, I did catch 40 winks before setting out to the afore mentioned craft group.  Today's project is something that I have already made for a Christmas present so cant show you - sorry - but I took some Splendid Sampler blocks with me - I should add that the top one needs something else - it's meant to represent my she cave and the memory of the MRI scanner experience!  Could I possibly catch up before Christmas ?  Probably not!  In fact tonight I plan to do some more cutting out / block preparation to help me in my quest.


However that was after I got the label of the greatest alcoholic in my village - taking all the empty wine bottles(46!!!!! - from the church stall where people had to identify water or wine via sealed gift bags) to the recycling centre - I hope that no one was watching!! I also made a bid for mad woman of the year as I planted the rest of the daff bulbs in the dark!  Again too late really but they might just come through.  It's also forecast to be below zero tonight so my window of opportunity was receding into the distance!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pic indeed and sounds like you are as busy as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear you missed blogging due to happy events I kept checking I thought I had read your post and forgot I had

    ReplyDelete