Wednesday 23 November 2016

Well - i've reduced her to silence!

Last night I took some Christmas presents to the sewing class - I was on strict instructions to show here before they were wrapped up and out of sight.  Although I cant reveal details - darn it - I showed her project by project and starting with the easiest skill level.  To my surprise she was really impressed with each one, asking over and over how to make a couple of them as she wanted to make some as gifts.  However the best moment was when I revealed the blue project - and she was rendered speechless.  I must admit to being as guilty as the next person when it comes to pointing out my faults - but it did feel good to impress the teacher!  Let's hope that the recipient is just as impressed!!

Today was a slow morning - late rising, some minimal sewing completed and some jigsaw to while away the hours.  Why the inactivity?  Well mum wants to make a Christmas present so I am guiding her through the project.  By lunchtime, however, Dad had twitchy feet so we went out on a fact finding mission - patrolling the streets looking at houses for sale.  All I can say is that I am all "housed" out but each one produces something else for my parents to consider.  So I have set them a task - and isolated them in a room for half an hour - after which they must tell me their 10 non-compromising factors when buying a house.  At the moment their list just seems to keep growing and they will reach a point, if they haven't already, when no house will fit all of their criteria!

Tonight will see Mum carrying on with her Christmas present so I will try to find some hand sewing that I can do whilst helping her when necessary.  Then it must be an early night - we have three houses to view tomorrow - yikes!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hee Hee PD!
      Having watched Escape to the Country a few times, it seems inevitable a wish list has ends up being a compromise list! Happy house hunting tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. I can hardly wait to read about the yet to be viewed homes.
    I wonder if your parents could have your home and you move to another .... no no just throwing that out there
    Perhaps there is a place where you could be super close
    Anyway good hunting to the parents

    ReplyDelete