Monday 14 November 2016

The best laid plans and all that .......

So, today was supposed to be a visit to the surgery for my leg, pop into Louth to fill up with petrol and then craft club.  Instead, I found myself awake early enough to ring the garage re the flat tyre (they came to get the car and have replaced the tyre) and then cancel my surgery appointment (the surgery is a 20 minute drive away so couldn't make it ).  Thus I found myself at 8:20am with those two jobs done.  Nothing for it - the "Christmas Clean" was started.

I thought that I would tackle the lounge first (yes mother, furniture was moved and the extendable hose on the hoover put into action for high up areas!).  Along with the craft room, this is probably the most challenging area but, after the fire place was tackled, washed and cleaned, it already started to look better.  I must admit, however, to appreciating Daisy's inability to drop much hair - Millie drops enough for both of them!!



Next up was preparation for the craft group.  This week should see the end of the blue project but there is still some way to go and this afternoon I continued working on this gift.  I also played around with an experimental gift which is going quite well! Mind you it was lovely to see Linda back - even if she did bring us a whole host of christingle boxes to make up!



Home was followed by a quick jigsaw session.  It may look as if I haven't got very far but slowly and surely!  Actually I have spare table tops - all of which have a ridge somewhere on them making the jigsaw pieces impossible to fit together properly.  So I splashed out on a proper board - soooo much easier!




This evening I plan to continue with the next Lynette Anderson block - so that's a handful of needleturn applique ahead of me then!  It takes your mind off the critters on "I'm a Celebrity" though!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the Christmas clean! Have been thinking about getting a jigsaw board myself, otherwise the dining room table is out of action too long!

    ReplyDelete