Saturday 7 October 2017

Cutting out the dead wood

As promised by the forecast (how often can you say these days?) I woke up to a lovely sunny (if a tad cold) day - one full of possibilities.  So I hoovered and tidied throughout, stripped the bed, put the dishwasher on,  put one, oops two, no three loads of washing on - before then heading outside to prune the plum tree!  Truthfully my plum tree has only delivered 7 plums the last couple of years so I am trying some pruning - it can't get much worse now can it?  Before anyone notices - I still have the middle branch to cut down!



Of course, going outside means going through the conservatory and, therefore, past the jigsaw - it would be rude not to spend time with Jane Austen now wouldn't it?

After a lovely sunny walk at the beach (where Daisy came back full of mud!) I sat down at the sewing machine and made a start on the last 4 blocks for my Tuesday night class.  Foundation paper piecing is a slow but accurate process!

In the middle of the sewing my phone rang - it was these reprobates suggesting that we might meet up centrally for lunch.  Well, never one to turn down an invitation, off I went and enjoyed a nice bacon sandwich on wholemeal bread - no butter (well, I still have to stick to SW don't I - I need an average of 3lbs weight loss over the next 5 weigh ins).

Back home, and with the four blocks now finished, I now only had time to sort some handsewing out for the evening (sewing snow on trees of all things), make the bed up and then light the fire - it is turning quite chilly again!

1 comment: