Thursday 19 October 2017

It's a rainy day Thursday!

With no appointments - other than WI craft group tonight - today stretched out in front of me - which actually means that it takes ages to get going!  I must also admit that several activities will go unphotographed for reasons that, hopefully, become obvious!

First up, after the inevitable housework, bed stripping, washing machine loading etc, was to prepare the raw materials for the book club Christmas presents and pack them - ready for the sewing retreat.  With 15 gifts to prepare, this took some time!

The next job - well, I was in the craft room at the sewing table -was to do with the Scamblesby Quilt.  The final block (apart from a lovely surprise block from Jenny ) is Jean's and she has given me the block so that I can do the computer part and print off some copies for the others on Sunday.  Of course, whilst I had the block, it would have been rude not to do it myself now wouldn't it?  As I may have said, it is one of my aims for the retreat to finish this Scamblesby Quilt so it doesn't hurt to"get ahead" of myself with the blocks (although  still have three to do!!)

Withe rain still misting down, and the fog rolling in,I put my winter coat on for the first time (boy is it getting big!) and braved the beach.  I live in an area where seals come and give birth at this time of year - which has become a visitor attraction over the years - sometimes it is nigh on impossible to get out of my own road for the continuous stream of cars!  Normally the seals come in November but it has just been advertised that the first pups have been born so, with half term next week, Today could be our last walk at the beach for a month or so.  I have tried to park up there and walk in the opposite direction - but the car park is so full it is an absolute nightmare - at any time of the day!!  Let's just say that it's easier to avoid the area!


After a lunch of home made Kale soup (the curly kale from the SW raffle win!) it was time to concentrate on the WI craft club.  We had planned to continue with the knitted poppies for our wreath - but I had sorted out a craft just in case - these EPP Christmas ornaments.







 I also spent some time this afternoon with my glue gun - assembling the afore mentioned poppy wreath!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a productive day and doesn't seem like a year ago you were doing a poppy wreath!

    ReplyDelete