Friday 27 October 2017

"It only takes a minute" ..

As I have commented many times, I am a list maker by nature.  You know - the sort of person who enjoys writing a list and crosses things off SO much that she will even write things on the list that have already been completed - just so that they can be ticked off (how sad!)  This has meant that I am attracted to"Bullet Journals" and have a lovely book full of memorabilia and lists - LOTSleave one outside. of lists!  I also follow a facebook page where people are often showing their own Bullet Journal ideas - and I was reminded of one today.  This lady had timed herself doing regular housework tasks and then recorded the times - on the grounds that thinking about doing a job often takes longer than the task itself.  As I put the lawn mower away (please let it be for the last time!) I realised that the task had only taken 10 minutes or so - why did I keep putting the task off?  Perhaps recording times is not such a daft idea after all!

Today has been a simple day really - a church meeting that went on beyond the self imposed deadline (I set my phone to go off but we carried on talking for half an hour after that!) - followed by some hoovering (I REALLY need to hire the carpet cleaner - note to self, a bag of potatoes is not economical when Millie just helps herself and leaves dirt on the carpet) and some tidying of the craft room.  I have a totally free weekend lying ahead of me and so want to get the sewing class table runner top finished and then layered up - ready to quilt at the class on Tuesday.  I am out at the book club tonight and, I don't know about you, I find such days feel as if you are "waiting around" until its time to get ready.


Meanwhile a little treat landed into my lap - the latest CD from Michael Ball (swoon) and Alfie Boe.  I was in two minds as to whether to get this CD - until I saw that they were singing "Bring Me Sunshine" - so how could I resist?  In fact as I write this post, the CD has reached the last song - "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby -it's my tradition to watch "White Christmas" as I wrap presents every year - I could probably say the script off by heart - and still tear up at the moving moments - lol!!





My only other achievement is to complete the second WI Poppy Wreath - we had so many poppies made this year!  Last year we were advised not to leave the wreath out as it may get ruined / stolen.  This time, having two wreaths, we can place one in the church on the Soldier Chapel and leave one outside.

1 comment: