Sunday 15 October 2017

Preparation is the key to success!

Whilst I waited for the promised sunny and warm day (it's overcast and cold enough to wear a jumper in the house) I decided to use today to start getting ready for the sewing retreat - its only just over 3 weeks away after all!  I have learnt, from bitter experience, that is good practice (and saves you money in the long run) to prepare, essentially, "kits" for every project.  Whilst I assemble the fabric, patterns and resources, I can then make a list of threads to buy etc so that I am sorted!

First up was the final Christmas present to be sorted (well, the final one to be started at least!).  Collecting everything together I have all the resources and just need two spools of thread!


 Then I started on the individual blocks from Lynette Anderson's Block of the Month for 2017.  I have started the embroidery for some of them but didn't attempt the patchwork parts of each block since I was still completing the 2016 project.  Now seems right to make a start.  Again I have everything - just need some thread and to remember some essential tools.

So that's block 1


block 2









   block 3





and block 4 sorted!





Next up was due to be my presents for the book club group.  I don't quite know how I got into the habit but I started giving everyone a present a couple of years ago - just something book related and small to open at our Christmas meal at the end of November - so it's about time that I got started on this project.  However I was that organised that I bought the resources for the gifts months ago - now where on earth did I put them?  Oops!  However I did "fill" the time by lining and marking out Mum's wall hanging that she demanded wished for.




That just leaves me with the Scamblesby Quilt to sort out.  Taking too much did i hear you say  - NEVER!!  I would hate to run out of things to do!  Mind you - I have a prioritised list so will focus when I get there - and at least I have sorted out the "kits" to do at home.  Well, that's the plan at any rate he he!

PS - the sun did come out to play - briefly -and so I mowed the lawn.  Whilst I was mowing, inspiration struck and I came inside - to find the lost resources.  I guess that's my next job - but problem solved at least




1 comment:

  1. Always good to find something you have put in a "safe place" isn't it! Just love how organised you are with all your kits :)

    ReplyDelete