Sunday 29 October 2017

"Everything I do, I do it for you ..."

Well, I don't know about you but I woke up this morning  - having slept as much as usual - just an hour earlier than I needed to!  Unless you are waking up to an alarm clock, this "extra hour's sleep" is just a myth!  The lighter mornings (for a while) will help those with early starts - but this evening it will be darker a lot sooner than last night!  Ah well!

An earlier start meant more done sooner - in fact the Christmas pudding was made and started its' 5 hours steaming at 9am so will be finished at 2pm.




Next up - apart, of course from the clean up of the kitchen (why do I make such a mess when I cook?) -was the quilting of the outside of my mini bag.  The Textile group returns tomorrow morning and so we are aiming to get this bag finished.







With the temperature dropping. and the rain falling, the next job was also Textile Group related.  We are aiming to make a handmade lampshade and so I spent time listening to the Archers cutting out packs for them all.



With another bowl of pumpkin and bacon soup for lunch (the pumpkin pud wasn't great- won't try that again!) I then set to and made another mug rug.  The young lad in our SW class is 1lb away from losing 150lbs so I used my BFF to embroider the landmark.  The Lego fabric is to commemorate a recent trip he took his young son on to Legoland.





With the fire lit, the Christmas pudding turned off, the sewing machine work completed and the bed stripped, washed and remade, it was then time to put my feet up and enjoy some afternoon tv - just what winters are made for! What's more Michael Ball and Alfie Boe are on the tv tonight for an hour - what bliss!  This is shaping up to be a brilliant day!





And the blog title? Well, I was listening to Michael Ball on the radio and he played the Bryan Adams song "Everything I do, I do it for you" which was number 1 on this week in 1991.  Family members will recall our madcap scheme (developed late one night the previous Christmas) where we all (9 adults, three children and 4 dogs) gathered together, for the weekend, in my 2 bed bungalow and played / sang this song (having learnt an instrument in the preceding months - I chose the recorder).  We then inflicted our efforts (plus a cd of us singing Christmas songs karaoke style) a video that we shot of me and Father Christmas doing a Cathy / Heathcliffe moment up at the beach and a n album of photos onto my parents.  It was a crazy, laughter filled weekend (which even included an emergency dash to the vets late Saturday night because Mum's dog had a bone embedded into her mouth after raiding the bin bag) but it's a lovely memory!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember it well! Not only the Jode episode, but also another pooch ( Pippa?) eating a bagfull of doggie biscuits and waking up to the smell of upset doggie tum! But we did indeed have a laugh!

    ReplyDelete