Saturday 21 October 2017

I missed an important moment

Whilst I was paying homage yesterday to Mum getting her passport and looking forward to her inaugural flight , I failed to notice my own little moment - I had passed the 800 miles mark!  You may recall tat its my aim to walk 1000 miles in a year and it was only when I updated the spreadsheet this morning that I noticed this small marker!!!  Yeah!  Onwards and upwards!  Truthfully, when I started out on this challenge I never thought that I would even get close to achieving this.  That first month I managed around 56 miles whereas now I am managing more like 100 miles a month.  With just over two months to go, therefore the finishing line is in sight!





Today, Wendy and I popped over to Immingham to see a quilt show put on by Phoenix Quilters.  There was a range of quilts on display - I particularly liked this Christmas one,







whereas this one used the distinctive Lynette Anderson fabric










and this one continued the seasonal theme of poppies.













There were, of course, one or two stalls with one of them being "Daisy Crafts" from Bridlington (we always have to stop over there when we travel up to Scarborough).  Of course we couldn't resist buying something and this Anni Downs panel caught our eye.  It makes a Christmas wall hanging, some Christmas bunting and the sides of a Christmas sweetie dish - value for money then!!






Back home, some quick housekeeping and then it was down to sorting out the projects for tomorrow's sewing day at Scamblesby.  I have been feeling chilly all day so, once sorted and then dogs walked, it was an indulgent afternoon in front of the tv ( a snooze here and there) and hand sewing - how lazy!!

1 comment: