Friday 20 October 2017

An auspicious day!

Today should go down in history - it's a momentous occasion that should be marked with champagne (or perhaps shloer in our case!).  What am I talking about?  well, today Mum and Dad went to the Post Office and had their passport applications checked and sent off.  Now I know that they have both had one before -but Mum never used hers in its 10 year life and Dad barely used his.  This time they have a family wedding in Italy to look forward to - Mum has never flown before so I thought that I would mark this baby step towards her first flight.




After we had done the deed, I then took them into Grimsby to pop into Marks and Spencers.  I was impressed as to the decor inside the shopping centre - very respectful at this time of year!


Once back at theirs, Mum and Dad continued to load greenery from their decimated garden into rubbish bags (Dad practically lives at the tip these days) whilst I sorted out his new printer.  Am I the only one who years for a printer that you just connect a lead to and it works?  Why do they need to make everything so difficult - grrrrr!!!  Th printer was on the screen but it kept saying that it was offline.  Over an hour later I managed to get it to work but ..............

Back home and it was time to pop to the doctors to collect my prescription.  Hardly newsworthy I know - but we are facing 4 weeks of road closures in our village from Monday and so I wanted to get things like this sorted before a 5 minute drive becomes a 20 minute one!  I understand one closure - the road is subsiding on one side and they have scheduled this for half term to avoid problems with school buses.  However the other end of the village is closed for 4 weeks and the road looks absolutely fine to me! Ah well - this grumpy old woman is getting off her soap box now!

1 comment: