Thursday 5 October 2017

Buona sera!

Today was one of those errand days that, despite my best efforts, I just cannot make all that interesting!  After a night of vicious winds, I was up at 6:30am (unheard of now!) and out by 8am.  My reasoning?  If I could do the Tesco run early then it would avoid the crowds - I was right - just one checkout open and the others were all self service.  Shopping done (including WI raffle prizes (this Rose intrigued me), non alcoholic wine for tonight's Italian celebration (I thought that these bottles were appropriately named!) and quiz prize) it was then off to the garden centre.  You may recall that I bought some cast iron bird feeders earlier in the year which looked like poppies and daffodils.  Yesterday Mum mentioned that she has seen some blue cornflowers to add to my collection - well - you would wouldn't you?




From there it was a short hop to The Range to buy the missing things for my Sewing box workshop - mounting card, masking tape etc.  Whilst I was in the range I spotted a collapsible trolley bag on wheels -just the sort of bag that Mum needs when she goes to Meadowhall on the train and very reasonably priced.

By now it was heading towards 10:30am and time for the hairdressers - my excuse to sit and be pampered - whilst being brought cups of coffee and biscuits!  Someone had left some goodies for them to sell in aid of Macmillian - just right for a couple of Christmas gifts - so I bought a couple.

After stopping off at Mum's to deliver her pressie - she said that I had made her morning (it was 1:30 but who's counting?) it was then back home to unload the shopping and have lunch.  I am doing the quiz tonight and therefore there was some finishing off to be done -as well as wrapping the winning prize / wrapping the birthday gifts and sorting out the raffle prizes!  This WI is becoming a full time job!!




Dogs walked, I could then, finally, chill for a little while - by colouring in!  Courtesy of Sewingbuddy, I was trying a technique where you colour in an area of fabric and then "set" it with pure Aloe Vera Gel - in my case these are the before and after pictures of the Christmas tree stumps from my Textile group block - its quite an effective technique.



By the way - I have just come across this advert for Warburton's bread -enjoy!!




1 comment: