Saturday 7 October 2017

It's time to get the woolly hat out!

After a good night's sleep I, err, slept in this morning - turning the radio on to find that they were announcing the 9 o'clock news!  EEK!!  That late start has kind of marked the day for me today - everything seemed just that little more difficult than usual So, I thought, why fight it?  Go with the flow.  It has been a grey and chilly day (more of that later) so it seemed pertinent to focus on my sewing (he he!)





First up was to finish the Tuesday night homework and then trim the blocks to size.  Of course I couldn't resist putting the blocks together to see how they might look - I just need to sew them together and not lose the points now!







I will admit to getting a tad distracted - by the jigsaw puzzle - well, you would wouldn't you?  Oops - this is the "australian" version!








But then it was onto the Textile Group blocks and the finishing of the quilting and cutting of the sashing - again prep for Monday's class.

 Somewhere in-between all of this "activity" I took the dogs up to the beach.  I already knew how cold today felt and had put the heating but, wow, the cold took my breath away at the beach and reminded me to look out my gloves and gloriously unflattering beanie hat!



All that was really left was to make a start cutting up the fabric for the quilt that we plan to make at our sewing retreat in November.  It's a Mandy Shaw Design and involves quite a lot of intricate cutting out and prepping!  I have been putting this job off for sometime - but I guess that everyone needs to make a start somewhere!

Tonight it's our Church's Harvest Festival meal -a choice of Shepherds pie / Lamb casserole.  It will be nice to have someone else cook dinner for a change -although I will promise to avoid the puddings!



No comments:

Post a Comment