Monday 30 October 2017

As they say -"every little helps"

Today was the usual Monday routine.  The Textile group were desperately trying to finish their mini bags - but they were all at different stages which did try the patience somewhat!  Wendy, Carine and I managed to get our external zip in and are now on the final leg of hand stitching before adding the zipper tabs.  However Jean was sharing her machine with Annerly and so didn't get quite as far.  Linda, in the mean time, was just sat quietly doing her hand sewing.  Next week we move onto making some lampshades - help!


After popping home for some light housework, it was then off out again to slimming world.  With just a week to lose 12 lbs, I was not too hopeful.  But I had had a good week, food wise and so could look forward with some hope to a decent loss - just 1/2 a stinking pound!!!!!!!  Personally I am blaming Mum - she ordered me a white bread sandwich instead of wholemeal on Friday - but, really, I should have lost more than that!  Unless I cut an arm off, I won't make my target - but, and it is a BIG BUT, I have lost over 4 stone since I started on this journey and that's not to be sneezed at!  I should also add that the target is just my first target - my second target is to lose 6 stone by Christmas.  Well, don't they say that if you shoot for the sky you may just get a star?

We drove home in the dusk - the nights are really drawing in now aren't they?  This calls for jacket potatoes, lighted fires, casseroles and handsewing in front of the tv - bliss!


2 comments:

  1. Oh poop what a shame :( don't lose momentum...keep at it and as you say 4 stone is not to be sneezed at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to continue to lose and just think of not carrying around that extra 4 stone everyday. I do think 12 lbs in 7 days is not likely. I have to look up how much 2 stone is in pounds to understand how likely I think that is by Christmas

    ReplyDelete