Thursday 26 October 2017

"Busy doing nothing" ....

How can a day go so fast - yet, when you look back at it, you realise that you have achieved very little?

Rosenberg's were having a fabric sale at a Town Hall around 45 minutes away today.  It's the first time that they have done such a fabric roadshow near to us so, of course, we had to go and have a look!  They had a range fabric on sale - from Cotton Lawn to heavy suiting - and so much was not suitable.  However  did succumb to a metre of a lovely blue fabric and three metres of a nice cotton lawn (it was £3 per metre and would make a nice summer top!).  I also bought a fat quarter of this fabric - not sure what I will do with it but it was too different to just pass by!





After a nice mug of coffee, and a catch up with friends, I then came home (for around an hour or so) before heading back out again.  This time I was taking Maisie back to Mum's - but we had arranged to meet up for lunch a the local garden centre.  Several hours later, plus three trollies full (well, there were vouchers you understand) it was time to come home - and write this blog - do you see what I mean?


Ahead of me this evening is a date with a hoover (well, you should see the black hair that Maisie drops everywhere) and a good tidy up of the craft room plus some washing.  It's been a good day but, as I said, one that seems to have achieved very little.  In fact, ironically, I met two former students who work at the garden centre and who were working much harder than me - now that's a definition of irony retirement!


1 comment: