Friday 2 March 2018

Enjoying a snow day sew day!

 Well, with the WI being cancelled last night, my trip with Wendy to the cinema being cancelled today and the sewing day at Scamblesby on Sunday being cancelled, I will, by Monday, have had a whole week at home!  The weather outside is sunny but very cold and there are still a number of roads with problems so I figure that those who don't need to go out shouldn't.  Well - that's my excuse anyway!  I have everything I need in the house - well, apart from one looming emergency -I only have two days supply of dishwasher tablets!  I know, its not a life and death situation - but!!!  The weather forecast suggests that the temperature will improve and rain will arrive on Sunday (although more snow is expected tomorrow) so that should clear some of the snow - and I can pop out for the tablets - phew!
 
Although I still have church paperwork etc to do, I decided that today was going to be a sewing day.  However many of the projects are presents so I am trying to be careful with the photos!  First up was those darned Christmas presents that needed redoing - fortunately they are now looking much better!

Then it was onto something for a Mother's day present - a project that I have had since last November and intended to do at Scamblesby. 

Handsewing was then done by the fire watching the afternoon tv and this will be continued this evening - it's the life!





Heck - I even managed to order a tropical kimono (not my normal style but the cruise has a tropical theme night so this seemed to be the lesser of the options) and a dress that may well be suitable for the wedding in August in Tuscany.  The reviews are mixed so I will have to wait until it arrives - but its a M & S dress so will be able to return it if necessary.  It's also another size down - fingers crossed!
Foodwise, I would normally be panicking having not done a "big shop" but, of course, you now realise how much you have in and can therefore save money (and be safe of course) by eating up what is in the storecupboard / freezer.  Today's menu has been a sweet souffle omelette with fruit and yoghurt, followed by homemade lentil and bacon soup for lunch and then a portion of campfire stew (from the freezer) with jacket potato and veg.  I am certainly not starving!!  The dogs are beginning to run out of chews but, there again, I have other treats in so they won't starve!

All in all, I am liking this idea of a "snow day sewing day" - I might even do it again tomorrow!  After all - Sewingbuddy tells me that Craftsy has a weekend of free class viewing - maybe I should have an "at home" workshop!

Finally - just a giggle -I reckon that this sums up my two pooches and me!


1 comment: