Wednesday 28 March 2018

Preparation is the key - so hey say!

As I mentioned yesterday, today I was at Spindle Cottage for my monthly sewing class to create a lovely heirloom sewing box.  Although we missed last month's class, due to snow, we have now reached the point where we are making lots of little pieces and, rather than getting the sewing machine in and out (there's a distinct lack of space at the workshop!), today was spent preparing each small item - ready to sew next month.





First there was the needlecase and pocket










then there was some customised pockets for scissors which now need to be embroidered,








followed by the handles,







the thread catcher








and the four sides -complete with pen holder.

Of course I have come home with embroidery homework but can't wait until we finally start to see everything coming together!




As for me -well, I can now start to relax from he weekend retreat.  I am not due to be going anywhere for the next 4 days and so can relax - ish!!  I will confess to being absolutely shattered and look forward to turning the alarm off tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. No doubt you will be industrious in your own craft room over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete