Sunday 18 March 2018

Wow - what a weekend!!

For the past six months, or so, I have been planning and organising a surprise lunch for Dad's 80th birthday.  Of course I couldn't mention it before - he never reads my blog - but it would just be my luck!! The plan was that I was going to take them both out for a birthday lunch - my present to them.  Mum was in on it - but the whole family (over 30 of them ) were then congregating in a local "Steak on the rocks" restaurant.  Imagine the surprise when dad walked in - just to be greeted with everyone!



It was a lovely lunch - the food had been pre-ordered and the service excellent - but, eventually, we had to com home - to Mum and Dad for a cuppa and birthday cake.  We rather filled the lounge!!  Dad even enjoyed a cuddle with the latest addition - Ruth.



My niece, Cadi, had made the lovely cake and all of these wonderful cupcakes - she had put a lot of thought into it and should be proud!!









Meanwhile the great grandchildren did a chocolate Easter egg hunt around the house - and then just loved rolling around on the floor!







Mike gave Dad this lovely jigsaw - the family photo from his wedding last summer!







Eventually, all good things come to an end - and we all went home, apart from my cousin and her family who were staying overnight.  Consequently I went back to Mum and Dad's today to help her mend a very decrepit sewing machine (we got this much dirt out of it - nearly fifty years worth she believes).  I am pleased to say that it is now working again!

 


I also made pudding - this recipe for a Creme Egg chocolate fondant kept popping up on my Facebook page and I wanted an excuse to make it - I only had half - honest!  All that I now need to do is to make a Slimming World Ameretto cheesecake for tomorrow - before thinking about my sewing retreat on Sunday and checking that I have everything that I need!  Phew - I should sleep well again tonight!

1 comment:

  1. What a weekend it was! Everything went so smoothly! Thanks for sorting the machine out....and the crème egg pud!

    ReplyDelete