Thursday 29 March 2018

The difference between work and leisure

So - finally there was a chance to have a lie in and please myself - so I work up at 8:20am and enjoyed the rest!  I had "scheduled" today to be the day that I caught up with, and finished, the items to take to the gallery at Appleby's.  I have no idea if they will sell / which lines may sell better than others, but I had two sew together bags to finish and two more knitting kit tote bags.  First up was the pink Sew Together Bag - with the "Garden Notes" version quickly following - it just needs some handsewing and then two zipper tabs attaching.  I am planning on dropping them off tomorrow so that task is done - I am not sure that I am cut out for this work lark!!!




Next up was a lovely walk on the beach with the two pooches.  We have been blessed with a sunny, but cold day here and the walk was wonderful - until Daisy appeared having rolled in something!  Cue a wash in the sink!





Then it was onto the two knitting tote bags - which will be finished tonight.  Fortunately my cousin sent me some labels for them so that's one less job to do tonight!

I will also confess to getting a new toy today which kind of took my attention away from the tasks in hand - but, hey, I am retired so have no boss to answer to - right?


1 comment:

  1. I was behind on reading your blog you have been very busy and gotten Many sewing projects completed. The sewing retreat you went to sounds so inviting and loads of fun. I am in California USA I don't know if we have them here how do you find yours in the UK ? I'd love to join you at yours but the cost of getting there and just the journey would wear me out

    ReplyDelete