Saturday 3 February 2018

Preparation is the key - don't they say?



After a really good night's sleep (I went to bed early as I was falling asleep on the sofa and didn't wake up until gone 8am), I was "up and at 'em" this morning.  I had a whole weekend to myself and so could tackle those jobs that kept appearing on my "to do" lists but were never done!  Jobs such as stripping the bed, booking my ticket for the up coming RSC live showing of Twelfth Night starring Ade Edmonson, sorting out my travel insurance for my forthcoming holidays and preparing a kit for the sewing retreat.  All exciting I know!........ but needs doing!




Of course, the main event of the day was to make the wash bag for the young man at Slimming World.  Anyone who has made this bag knows that it comes together quickly - but the cutting out and preparation of pockets and zipper tabs takes time!  Therefore I managed to sort the preparation out before lunch so that I could focus on the task - after walking the dogs (freezing cold / red face again), clearing out the fire place so that I can light it this evening and making a cooked lunch.  Even reading that sentence back sounds like procrastination to me!  However the wash bag has now been completed and I will take it, along with some different coloured fabric pens, to class on Monday - it should look bright and cheerful when its finished!  I used some left over Lego fabric (from several projects for my nephew) for the zipper tabs.  It's a nod to the trip that the young man took his young son to Legoland and could fit into the seats of the rides for the first time.


With just a few tweeks to do on the ongoing Christmas presents, and the afore mentioned fire to light - not to mention the bed to be remade of course -I can breathe a sigh of relief.  As I said at the beginning of this post - some of these jobs have been hanging over my head so I am glad that they are now sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment