Wednesday 14 February 2018

Success - at last!

Today was scheduled to be a sewing day at Belchford - but, for reasons too numerous to mention, I didn't go.  So, instead. it was a sewing day at home.  Remember that wall hanging that I was designing?  Well, today was the day that I wanted to put it together (and modify if needed).  I am delighted to say that it all fitted together and I am super proud of some of my seams ( I sewed each seam until 1/4" from the end so that these three awkward angles fitted together).  The downside to this success is that this will be the last picture for a long while - now I know that it works, it will turn into a present for some poor soul!!



I also managed to squeeze some free motion quilting for the Gail Pan wall hanging (at last you say!!).  Unfortunately the Suffolk puffs that I thought had been done hadn't - there is a bag of them but they are in the wrong colourway and waiting for another UFO.  Oops!

Being at home has other advantages, of course.  The bed has been stripped and bedding washed, the dogs walked and general tidying around completed. Lunch was "an all day breakfast spaghetti" (rather than reheated soup) and tea will be a beef stir fry.  One of my new year's resolutions (yes there were quite a few) was to cook every meal from the Slimming World calendar and the stir fry is February's meal.  To be truthful I even had to ask where the fish sauce and oyster sauce was in Tesco's but "in for a penny, in for a pound".  Next month is an ameretto cheesecake - mmmmm!



Tonight I am off to watch "Twelfth Night" as part of the RSC live series.  You may recall that my retirement ambition was to watch every RSC live production so that I have seen all of Shakespeare's plays (most of which are for the first time).  According to my records this will be number 19 out of 36 so there is still much to look forward to.  This evening's production stars Ade Edmonson and Kara Toynton so promises to be good.

On a totally different note - and pertaining to the blog title - as I sewed, I had the radio on and did the pop master quiz.  The first contestant was given the option of Diana Ross or The Osmonds as his bonus questions - you must know what I was shouting at the radio!  My score was a respectable 21 - I answered only one non-bonus question but all three relating to The Osmonds - go me!

1 comment:

  1. Go you indeed, and for all sorts of reasons mentioned in your blog...."if music be the food of love..." seems a very apt response today!

    ReplyDelete