Thursday 22 February 2018

An emergency phone call .....

So, last night went well - or at least our teacher said that we did well.  This morning I ached (and nearly fell through the front door but hat's another story entirely!) so it must be doing some good - right?  However she has warned us that we could feel even worse tomorrow!

This morning, I was minding my own business and enjoying an almost free day - when the phone went.  It was Dad.  Now I should say, at this point, that he NEVER rings up!!  So, what was the emergency?  He wanted some family tree research!  Sensing that this could be an ongoing issue, I packed the pooches into the car and drove up there for a cuppa - and to give Dad a lesson on how to use the ancestry website to help him - we didn't see him for the rest of my visit!



Mind you - it gave me a chance to have a good look at Mum's new 3 piece suite - and try out the electric chair!  There are some issues that they need to get the engineer back to look at but it fits well in the room.  I am also pleased to say that the sofa was christened - by Daisy.  Their dog had avoided jumping on it, as had Millie.  But Daisy just went for it!!  I told her off, of course, but then she jumped on my knee and went for a ride on he electric chair - such fun!




Back home, it was a late lunch, a snooze in the sun and then a quick drink before going out to a late WI meeting (4pm) - hence the late publication of this post.  This was one of the regular committee meetings and should have taken place at 2pm this afternoon - but the chair had to go to her Pilates!  It must be catching.

So, yet again, no sewing - what is happening here?  I will try to make up for it tonight and work on finishing this month's Gail Pan stitcheries.  I am also trying a new SW recipe for tea - quite a radical one for me -Jerk chicken with Caribbean slaw -as ever, wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment