Friday 2 February 2018

Wonder woman to the rescue

Today I had arranged to go up to Mum and Dad's to continue with the decluttering.  After all - Dad had offered to take us out for lunch!  Having spent time deluttering the boxes from the bedroom, I was impressed at Mum had continued with the effort and had now cleared both wardrobes - any guests would now be able to hang their clothes!!  We, therefore, set to tidying the airing cupboard and had "keep", Charity", "throw" piles!  When I tell you that these four bags are all going to the hospice shop then you will get an idea as to how full the cupboard was!

We set off for lunch at noon, having been told that they cannot reserve tables.  this is a new place that we have had coffee at before but never tried lunch.  The food wasn't too bad - but it took the best part of an hour for our order to be taken and the food to arrive!  I had looked online and found it difficult to choose anything sw friendly.  The best I could do was to ask for an egg and bacon sandwich!  Even then I left some of the bread since it was too thick for SW liking!


Back at Mum's my plan was to head off for the charity shop and then go home.  However their TV is still having problems - for some reason their internet extension plug isn't connecting with the youview box - so I headed off to buy another ethernet cable and left them with some form of tv - but it is intermittent!  They can get the usual channels - but none of the sport / catch up ones and are often at a loss as to what to watch!

Suffice to say that I arrived home shattered and just had enough energy to start the tea (homemade stuffed burgers with chips and beans) before writing this post and then collapsing.  I am not sure that much sewing will happen tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment