Saturday 18 November 2017

"I like you - but only as a friend"



Today has been a mixture of activities - I am on the third load of washing, for example!  So this morning started with bed stripping and airing, before remaking the bed.  Then it was onto some gluing and sticking as I assembled the sewing box that I have been making (the tins of beans are to weigh everything down - it needs to be left for at least 24 hours.  After squeezing some sewing in, it was then round to Jean's to help her husband set up a new email address.





But the main entertainment of the day must surely have been my impromptu visit to Mum and Dad's to pick up a new toy!  I have come late to the party. I know, but a good deal on Amazon's "black Friday" persuaded me that "Alexa" was a "must have".  Mum and Dad had been considering it - loving the concept that' in an emergency, they could just say "Alexa" ring Lynda and I would be contacted.  Well, today I picked mine up and tried to set theirs up.  As everyone does, I am sure, there then followed a barrage of daft questions - with Dad adding please and thank you just to be polite. He then asked "Alexa give me a kiss" to which the reply was "I like you - but only as a friend" - bless!  I asked Alexa to play music from The Music Man - and ended up with Black Lace playing Music Man and Mum and Dad doing the actions - it was like armchair aerobics all over again -we laughed so much!  We have now worked out how to call each other (thanks to a trial run with Wendy) - but only machine to machine - not the mobile phone app - if anything happens whilst I am asleep upstairs / out and about I am not sure that this will work!  Still, we persevere!

Back home, and with the novelty of being able to say "Alexa play me Michael Ball" from the sewing room (my Alexa is in the hall) it was time to settle down and sew some more - this darned Christmas present!!  I just knew there was a reason that I have kept putting it off!  However, as the temperature dropped, its been nice to light the fire and settle down to a good evening's TV viewing - such bliss!  I've turned down an invite to Fish and chips from my brother - it's just been too hectic a week and its not good for the diet you know!

Oh and yes, I did sort out another couple of boxes and bags - found some things that I had "lost" and a couple of pairs of curtains that I had bought cheap in dunelm (just in case) a couple of years ago.  One pair could work out well for Mum's french windows whilst they are trying to sort our colour designs etc for the new kitchen / conservatory.  IT just goes to show the value of a "stash"!!

1 comment:

  1. What a hectic and hilarious day! Is Grandma camera shy in the photo? As to coming late to the party...that's our trick!

    ReplyDelete