Tuesday 21 November 2017

Who hid the velcro?

Last night was a nightmare!!   No matter what I did I just couldn't get to sleep - so, in the end, I gave in and got up - more craft room tidying and sorting then!  Finally, at around 1:40am, I tried again - and managed to drop off - at last!

Consequently today has been, err, challenging!  I started with an enjoyable WI meeting - one where I seem to have come home with a number of tasks!  How did that happen?  Suddenly I found myself volunteering to demonstrate box making from recycled Christmas cards at the next meeting - just the right size to hold one of Carine's chocolate truffles.  This was something that was all the rage some years ago and occupied many a Christmas maths lesson at school.  Let's hope that the wi get to grips with it as well as the young people did.

Back home, and after a rather soggy dog walk, it was back to the Christmas present that I started a few days ago.  This should be a quick and easy project - so why am I finding it so tough going?  Must be the lack of sleep I guess!  All was going well, and heading towards completion, when I just couldn't find that velcro tape that I just knew was in the room - somewhere!  Instead, and after a break to start making tonight's tea which needs nearly two hours in the oven (a lamb and sweet potato hot pot) I improvised and tried to use a popper instead.  All looked good - until I realised that, with a popper, "it" wouldn't go through what it needed to go through (all vague I know but I can't say - with it being a present and all that!).  Time to give up and walk away - I will be able to pick up some velcro - either tomorrow or on Sunday at Harrogate!  All that was then left to do, craftwise, was to prepare some fabric, and then trace off, an embroidery design that has just popped into my inbox  and that I have fallen in love with - you can never have too many handsewing projects on the go!


With time to clean out the fireplace of ashes, tidy around, make a fresh batch of soup, from some left over veg, and then sort out my sewing supplies for my monthly workshop tomorrow it was getting dark outside and another day is over.  I will admit that I am looking forward to my bed tonight!


2 comments:

  1. Ooo isn't it annoying when you know something is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you sleep well
    I really enjoy reading about your daily activities

    ReplyDelete