Friday 24 November 2017

"It's all about the lists - no trouble"

After what has seemed like a very busy week (I can hardly remember Monday!) and which doesn't let up until next Tuesday, Today was an "oasis of calm" -well, not quite but a chance to catch up on a mountain of jobs!  So, naturally, I started with a list and worked my way through them.  First up was taking Daisy to the groomers where she behaved impeccably and came out wit her Christmas bow in place!  Bless.


On the way home we popped into the local farm for a bag of potatoes (well, it will see me through the promised hard winter give Millie something to pinch and snack on) some sprouts and a bag of kindling.  I then settled down to the most important task - getting ready for tonight.  It's our book club's Christmas meal and I tend to make a present for everyone - so they needed to be wrapped and the menu choices written out on slips (they can never remember what they have chosen) -as well as packing the bag with a couple of items I need tonight - a book Wendy wants to borrow, a cheque to give to Chris etc.




After the kitchen had been sorted and the dogs walked, I could then move on to sorting out my craft projects for tomorrow's sewing day at Scamblesby.  I have changed my mind so many times but have now settled on some smaller projects that should see the Christmas present list depleted still further.  If nothing else, I have created the kits to make them so won't be starting from scratch.  It does bemuse me that I end up with 5 / 6 "kits" from my own stash and then go and buy kits from a show - go figure!!




After a lunch of homemade vegetable soup, I then settled to a couple of phone calls that have been on my "to do " list for some time - repeat prescription from the doctors and checking some details with the travel agent for our cruise next year - before clearing out my blue bag ready to take to the Knitting and Stitching show at Harrogate on Sunday.  I am helping out at the theatre tomorrow night so won't have time to do that then.




With one irritating job on my list to do ( the beauty of going out is that you don't even have tea to think about) I set about reversing a job that I did earlier on in the week.  Having ironed on some stabiliser and tracing a redwork design - I then realised that I had traced it onto the stabiliser rather than the fabric.  Time to iron the frixion pen off and start again then!




With a huge feeling of satisfaction of all jobs completed, I managed to sit down with my feet up and do some knitting - remember that wool that I bought on the retreat?  Well, the shape is now beginning to be obvious and the pattern doesn't need such close scrutiny anymore - phew!





As I said before, tonight is the annual Book Club Christmas Party  so I just had time for a couple more boxes sorted from the loft before packing the car up for tomorrow and unpacking from Spindle Cottage so that I could get my passengers in.  Today feels as if its been a very satisfying day!


PS - remember the velcro saga?  well I have just been to my ribbon box and, guess what, velcro is now classified as ribbon!  Go figure!!





2 comments:

  1. That scarf looks lovely, might sort some needles and start mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day! Lol at the Velcro!

    ReplyDelete