Tuesday 7 November 2017

Sewing retreat countdown - minus 1

This blog should really be subtitled "The handsome hero rides to help the damsel in distress!"

As you may imagine, today was one of sorting, packing and tidying up.  Step one was to take the dogs through to Mum's where they will stay whilst I am away and the house sitter is here.  To avoid the three hours of Daisy whining, Mum took her on a short walk whilst I drove away- it worked - ish - apparently!  Then it was onto the car valeting service and then to Tesco for some last minutes bits and to fill up with petrol.  With time on my hands before my hairdressing appointment, I then stopped off at a cheap store for one of those money tins that you have to open with a tin opener- which is where this damsel came a cropper.  When I got back into the car the wheel was locked but I couldn't unlock it - the wheel wouldn't turn and neither would the key.  Panicking slightly at the thought there could be something wrong with the car (I need it tomorrow!)  what's a girl to do but ring her folks?  As they set off, I rang the hairdressers to tell them that I was running late and then the garage who confirmed that the wheel would be locked - but they then said that I should use "brute force and ignorance" to unlock it.  They did offer to come out but I said that Dad was on his way and we would try that first.  Of course a couple of minutes in the car, and with suggestions from Mum, Dad had solved the problem - phew!  My hero!


There then followed a couple of relaxing hours at the hairdressers (just what I needed by then) and then a journey home to finish the last load of washing, change the bedding, start the packing and do a final check on the craft items that need to be taken - do you think that I have over packed?  I mean - is it enough for 3 1/2 days do you think?  I might need to find more projects ............



3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!
    What a lovely picture, see you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do -don't buy the shop out before we get there!

      Delete
  2. Must be something in the air! Teen One came in early the other morning, unable to move the wheel on her car! Despite telling her to wiggle the wheel and key at the same time she didn't have any success, so I had to go out, complete with oversized dressing gown and hair in a turban! Of course a neighbour had to be out to see this rather shocking sight...after apologising for the unsightly view she replied " oh don't worry, you look better than I do after I have got dressed up for an evening out!!" What a sense of humour! Have fun for the next few days!

    ReplyDelete