Friday 3 November 2017

Sewing Retreat Countdown -minus 5




Well, get me!  I only went and got first place for my scones!!  Wow - this domestic goddess lark is doing me some good at last!  Day 6 went well - I walked nearly 4 miles and, apart from "sconegate", stuck to my food allowance -even at the WI meeting last night where there was lots of REALLY nice tempting food!


Anyway, onto today.  I needed to pop into Louth to visit a couple of banks and pick up a couple of things - and hate shopping late in the day.  So it was an early visit and I was there and back by 10:45am.  Knowing that I was chancing it a little, I then took the dogs up to the beach - only to find that there was just one parking space left!  One dog walk later (yes Maisie was in the dyke again and has now been hosed down as her white fur is a rather dashing colour of lemon!) and we now had some peace in the house at last!  My plan for today was dominated by doing some church finance work so it was a quick scoot round the house to sort out the inevitable mess before I started.  I tend to use a 15 minute timer on the computer and keep going until it rings.  I use this principle for two reasons - firstly that I can do anything for 15 minutes (including waste time on facebook etc) and , secondly, the ringing is permission to stop and put the kettle on!  Sadly (he he) the church business was quickly curtailed when the HMRC page was down!  Ah well, I tried!



So, what did my efforts then turn to?  well, firstly here was the pile of Scamblesby Quilt blocks to layer up and tack in place - ready for the "Quilt as you go " stage - its one of the projects that I am hoping to complete at the retreat so wanted to get this stage sorted before I set off.







Then I sat with a cuppa looking through a couple of boxes of photos that I had brought home from Mum and Dad's.  Be afraid, family - be very afraid - there are some howlers here!  Mind you - there are also some sweet ones - like this of my mother aged 3!




Or what about this one?  I must have been a similar age - and obviously developing my cooking skills already!


Foodwise, things have been a re-run of yesterday - almost!  Breakfast was to SW hifi bars since I wanted to get off quickly to Louth, Lunch was the last of the pumpkin and bacon soup and dinner will be the "Cauli mac 'n' cheese with gammon" and lots of veg - with a chocolate brownie and raspberries for afters.  I am on track to walk nearly 4 miles again so the exercise is being maintained.  Are the scales shifting yet - yes - by half a pound!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Cute piccies :) Well done on the scones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest reminded me the other day about setting my timer when on facebook etc. I use it when ironing too, it's surprising how much you can get done in 15 mins.
    Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete