Sunday 5 November 2017

Sewing retreat countdown - minus 3

So, last night, I had three dogs when world war 3 fireworks were being set off locally.  I wasn't worried - I shut the dogs in with me and put the tv on and, normally, they don't raise an eyebrow - but I don't normally have Maisie!  She went ballistic and nothing I did would stop her - I cuddled, I reassured, I stroked etc etc.  My concern was also with Daisy who was, by now, shivering like mad and trying to hide herself - Millie just slept!  Eventually Maisie calmed down - but I am not looking forward to tonight - let's hope that everyone "celebrated" last night instead!

This morning I woke up early and so, by just gone 8am, decided to take the dogs up to the beach for a run -again, to avoid the "Seal crowd".  The sun was shining and the car indicated that it was 3 degrees so I expected to be the only idiot up there - not a chance!  The car park was almost full - dog walkers?  Nope - the cars coming and going had passengers who were coming /going towards the seals - 8am!!!!!!!




So, onto today.  After Maisie's melt down yesterday (plus her rolling this morning that resulted in a hose down outside!) the lounge needed a de-fur hoover and tidy up.  Being a collie, her black fur drops EVERYWHERE!  Of course she felt that she deserved a treat for the indignity of being hosed and the other two didn't want to miss out on a treat - so I was followed EVERYWHERE!  I felt like Mary but with three little lambs!







Once the tidying had taken place, it was then onto some crafting - well, I have been lax recently!  First up was to finish the craft gift that I started yesterday and then onto cutting some fabric strips ready for the retreat.






Next up was another Scamblesby block - Carine set us the task of sewing these mini hexagons into a butterfly many months ago - today I attached the butterfly to a background square and drew in the antennae ready to embroider tonight. I also took the opportunity to add the sashing and layer up another 3 blocks ready for quilting at the retreat.



After a phone call from Mum (Dad was missing Maisie) I popped up there to deliver the dog (she wanted to come back with me - bless!) and a cuppa / catch up on their weekend.  However, with the Textile Group tomorrow starting to create a lampshade, my next task was to plan out my own design and assemble suitable fabrics.

The final task of the day was to type up the recipes that were demonstrated on Thursday night at the WI meeting.  I wrote extensive notes and can therefore add these as files to the WI page for others to follow forward them to the secretary for distribution via email.

I think that I need one of my infamous "lie down in a darkened room" moments!  Let's hope that the rain means less fireworks tonight!  We have had the village celebration last night so I am optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a quieter night....although with no Maisie I guess you will!!

    ReplyDelete