Monday 13 November 2017

Counting the cost!




Well, today consisted of the usual Textile Group and Slimming World.  Truthfully, I am feeling all sewn out at the moment and so took some hand sewing to do - such as this binding - but Carine was working on her lampshade design,







Linda was playing around with some design ideas for her shade











and Jean was working on a mini "sew together bag" for a Christmas present - all very chilled!





Home, a quick tidy up, a load of washing started and it was soon time o face the music.  Lats time I put on half a stone (and have found out that another friend had done exactly that this morning) so anything less would be a result.  Actually the gain was 3 1/2 pounds so I was pleased with that - albeit a tad frustrated when Jean only put on a pound (the retreat gang will appreciate what I mean there!)  Ah well, with Christmas day only being 6 weeks today, I guess that I had better get my head down and focus like never before!  Winning the raffle might help -a book of soup recipes (which I gave to Jean since I had a copy already), a bag of soup mix veg and a soup cup for the microwave - someone even gave us a recipe for homemade pot noodles which I want to try some time so the mug will come in handy there.

Tonight I am out again at a church meeting to plan the advert for our vicar vacancy.  Thank goodness the rest of the week is less busy!

3 comments:

  1. Like the cute winter counter :)
    As you said, not a bad gain considering. As for being all sewn out...are you ill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad, you got away lightly there?
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me! I was good some of the time on holiday so didn't get away with anything!!

      Delete