Thursday 9 November 2017

Project one - tick!

Well, after a late night sewing ( we finished around 10 pm!) it was an early start and back at the sewing machine for 7:30am - I really wanted to finish my first project ( the Christmas present that I, frustratingly can't show you). As of now ( 3:32pm) the project is complete, photographed and put away - result!

So, did we stay in and sew all day ?  Of course not!   With news of a 15% discount at a local fabric store for retreat visitors, we naturally headed over there for a mooch.  I was terribly good and only spent £4.25 - and then picked up some Christmas stocking fillers in the delicatessen- but Sandra was so impressed with my first project that she wanted to make one and bought the fabric (around £70 worth!). On the way home we stopped off at Waitrose where Heather , our "Waitrose Virgin", had her first shop - I doubt that it will be her last!

Back home, and after a lunch of onion soup ( too peppery for me sadly so I just had some bread) and it was back upstairs and feet to the metal!  Heather was doing a table centre, after working on a Christmas quilt.

Louise was busy sorting out a badly behaved centre of her table centre piece.

Kathryn and Terry were working on their foundation paper piecing for their Christmas quilt,


Whilst Jean was finishing her first Christmas bag and starting her second one.

All in all, we are working hard, I haven't had a glass of wine yet and things are being completed ahead of time - it's a result!

Meanwhile, back at base, Mum and Dad have had their lodge erected - and the dogs are standing guard - just the preserving to go then!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a very productive time!
    Lovely lodge!

    ReplyDelete