Thursday 23 November 2017

We have velcro!

 I can't tell you how happy I am to report that piece of news - at last I can make progress!

So, back to yesterday - I didn't blog (many apologies) because, quite frankly, how many ways can I write about gluing and sticking a box together?  Truthfully the morning was spent at the monthly workshop assembling the bottom box of my sewing case and then continuing with the outer embroidery.  We are now one third of the way through this project and have been given more homework to do over Christmas!



Today I had my 6 monthly check up at the hospital (good blood pressure - always good news!) and so dropped the dogs off at Mum and Dad's before my appointment.  Whilst I was in Grimsby I popped into Boyes to buy the much wanted velcro!!  I was due to help Mum to sort the utility room - but she had other ideas and wanted help outside.  No problem - if she had told me and I had brought appropriate clothing!  Instead I set up her second echo (for upstairs) and battled with iTunes until I gave up and brought their cd's home to sort.  They are buying a new car which doesn't have a cd player so I am trying to load her phone with music that she can then play via the usb port.  Blind leading the blind might be an appropriate phrase!

Of course, being home early meant that I could get on with that wretched Christmas present that needed velcro!!  I wouldn't mind but I needed about half an inch!  Anyway I can now proudly announce that said present is now completed (apart from some hand sewing of binding (oops does that info give anything away?) and the strategic placement of a button!  I am now nearing the end of my marathon present making - just 6 left I do believe and some of them are in progress and nearing the finishing straight! Now they just have to be wrapped - but that's another tale.

Tonight is a church meeting so any craft will have to be set aside for a while - do you think anyone would mind if I took some sewing with me?

On a totally different note, and with 38 days to go until the end of 2017, I passed the 900 miles today!!!!!  I now need to average 2.63 miles each day if I am going to make the 1000 miles in a year - I'm getting close!  This could be one new year's resolution that I actually keep.






1 comment:

  1. CD's are becoming obsolete? Wow! Not that I have moved on from cassette tapes hee hee!

    ReplyDelete