Tuesday 7 June 2016

and the winner is .............

Today, being Tuesday, was the senior screen.  We had been wanting to watch the Eddie, the Eagle, film and it lived up to the hype - gentle humour and lots of tears!  As you may recall, we get a free cuppa with biscuits - plus a raffle.  Every week a row letter and seat number is pulled out and the person sitting nearest is given "the purple bag".  Every week, Jean and I look at each other and wonder if this will be our week.  well, today, I won the prize!!  Inside the purple bag was a bag of sweets and a voucher for a free cinema ticket - woop woop!

Home was via Jean's to give her another lesson in using her new kindle and understanding facebook and then back to mine.  As ever, the dogs had a chew each as a treat whilst I opened the conservatory doors to let some fresh air in.  The next thing I know, there are birds circling round squawking and Daisy had an adult bird in her mouth.  She did drop it when I shouted at her - and the bird did, eventually, fly away - but I don't like the idea that Daisy is developing into a bird catcher!




This afternoon I spent time cutting out more Tuesday night blocks and preparing some sashing for the class tonight - before heading out into the garden to mow the lawn.  It's been lovely weather up here so I didn't want to push my luck!



1 comment:

  1. Mmmm licky allsorts..yum! Naughty naughty Daisy...poor birdies, maybe it was a poorly one and that's how she caught it??

    ReplyDelete