Saturday 7 April 2018

Playing the detective!

Last night I had a message from a friend - did I know where "Collision Lane" was in our village?  Thinking that this was a stupid name for a road anyway, I quickly doubted myself and checked google maps - replying no, why?  She replied saying that her niece was in a nasty car accident an this was the address given by the other party.  The insurance company couldn't find the address and now they were concerned that it was a fraudulent address.  Coming at it from a different angle, I asked who the driver was - she told me a name which I won't reveal here, but know and who lived on a Lane with a similar but different name.  Knowing the person, I strongly suspect that we are talking about poor handwriting rather than fraud and was happy to help. Not quite Sherlock Holmes - but on my way!





Today was my Scamblesby day and it took me ALL DAY to make two titchy foundation pieced houses from the Lynette Anderson block - now I just need two more, add sky and grass and then embroider - and the block will be finished!!






I had quite forgotten that today was the entry deadline for Dobbo's challenge - where I challenged people to make something from the Christmas wrapping paper.  Most others forgot as well but Pat and Louise didn't.  Pat was inspired to get her embroidery machine out to make this fantastic piece of lace and a tissue box cover, whilst Louise was inspired to make this lovely heart wreath - both winners in my eyes!




Louise also finished off this unique crossbody bag - made from 2 LP's that her father had drilled so that she could sew through them!

Back home and its time to try and loosen the padlock on the shed so that I can mow the lawn tomorrow!  Now - why am I just hoping it won't open!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment