Tuesday 24 April 2018

The holiday countdown starts right here!



I mentioned the busy week ahead and today saw the start of it - a trip to the Senior Screen to watch "The Greatest Showman" for the second time.  I have to say that I enjoyed it even more the second time around - although I wish that I could have broken into song!  We sat on the back row (like naughty school girls) and the screen was really full.  About an hour into the film, a lady walked past us and tried to open the door to the projection room!  It turns out that she caught the wrong bus, was late and couldn't see a spare seat in the dark.  Although we moved up for her, she elected to sit on the steps!



With a trip to Tesco's under our belt, we then dropped in to see Jenny - a friend who was celebrating her birthday today.  I wrapped up the bag that I made at the sewing retreat and put some smellies in - she was bowled over and couldn't believe that I had made it!  I would have taken some photos - but she has a bad back and was till in her dressing gown so I didn't want to embarass her.




Back home, and with rain pouring down, it was time for a very late lunch (think 3pm!!) before scooting round the house for a quick hoover and tidy up before finishing the retreat bag that I started at The Textile Group - why do they go much better when I am on my own?  All that needed to be done was then to pick up my prescription for the holiday, pack the car up for my monthly sewing class, prepare my pack up - then sit and chill!!

Foodwise I have been on it - fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast, a cooked breakfast concoction for lunch and salmon with new potatoes n veg for tea.  I am also trying strawberries with a chocolate dip for tea.  Apparently you mix some quark with an options chocolate to make the dip - I will report back tomorrow!!  This week I am planning to experiment with quark and see what turns up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment