Monday 2 April 2018

The simplest things .... and all that!

Remember Friday's blog where I wasn't feeling great?  Well, by Sauturday I was floored!  Headaches, dizzy, shaky etc - all I could do was to sofa surf and doze my way through terrible TV (Holiday on the buses, Carry on camping etc!)  After nearly 10 hours sleep on Saturday night, I felt a tad better but not great - so Sunday saw a similar routine - gee, I have never slept so much in my life!!  Hooks and Needles commented that there was a virus going around - and I certainly seemed to have passed it on - Sewingbuddy tells me today that, sadly, she is coming down with similar symptoms!  It's certainly not nice - but the lack of food does help the old dieting!  Stepping on my scales this morning, I have almost wiped out the weight gain from the sewing retreat and have lost 6 pounds since Friday morning !! (Yes I know - it will all come back once I start to eat properly!!)

So, onto today.  I woke up feeling much better - if still a little muzzy - so have taken my time getting back to normal.  First job to tackle was cleaning out the fridge - I know I know!  I have spent some time planning my diet for the forthcoming week and so need to know what was still in date etc and, of course, one job leads to another.  Still feeling delicate (probably the lack of food affecting energy levels by now) I treated myself to some sofa time before running up this very simplistic project.  I wanted a small waterproof bag to put cotton buds in and so used some of my lining fabric to make one.  Hardly worth posting I know - but, after several non-machining days, you cannot imagine the pleasure that I got from completing this!!  I did try to do some embroidery over the weekend but concentrating with your eyes doesn't help the headaches!

Today is one month away from the start of my cruise journey (I have to leave home around 10pm on the second before travelling over to Trisha and Julia to pick them up) and our e-tickets are now available to download (it's real now isn't it?) .  So I did find some time to continue with the outfit assembling - well, I could do that sitting down now couldn't I?

The last activity for today was, of course, going to Slimming World to assess the damage.  It would appear that not eating much over the weekend really helps the dieting effort - as I maintained from two weeks ago.  So that is the holiday weight gone for good - right?


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you got the virus Lynda, the oldest teen was the worst, slept so much too. Thankfully we've been ok. He had his driving test on Monday too, felt awful dosed up on paracetamol - passed! yay! Then went home to bed again. It's been really strange him sleeping and hardly eating last week. Glad you're on the mend, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really impressed that he passed his test whilst he had the lurgy - must have had a good teacher lol! Congratulations x

      Delete