Thursday 3 December 2015

A day at home - bliss!

With college and my Tuesday night sewing class finishing for Christmas, I have a lot more time on my hands to get straight and sorted for Christmas.  So a day at home is a luxury that I could get used to - not to achieve anything major - just all of those tiny jobs that mount up!

So - lets start with the advent calendars.  Today was the chocolate, of course, a  lovely packet of sewing related tissues from Phil and Chris and a thoughtful bag of bat bombs from Wendy.  I also took a picture of my "row by row" project - last night I completed row 2 and sewed it together today.  Row 3 has a large stitchery pattern on it so I plan to trace that today and get started - but it will take a day or two to complete.  (Now I am not saying that this is getting to me - but I woke up in the middle of the night worried about whether I had attached some weaveline to the fabric before sewing - don't fret - I had!)




Next up was a late project - the November block was due to be posted before the end of November.  I have had the fabrics for the whole month - so why didn't I complete it?  better late than never I guess.





Tonight is a WI meeting with a dancing dog.  We all have to bring something for supper - and thy have asked for Christmas related bits.  I had some sheets of light flaky pastry in the freezer, a jar of mincemeat and some icing sugar.  Cue some mincemeat rolls with almond flavoured icing drizzled on top when they are still warm so that they absorb the almond flavouring (mum's idea!).  Let's hope that they go down well.



The final project for today - apart from the relentless tidying and squaring up, walking the dogs etc  - was to create a stable bead mat.  I had bought a bead mat in Nottingham on Saturday but it's a flimsy roll.  I had also saved 4 sturdy foam like corners when my bed was delivered.  Using some scrap borders from recent projects, I bound the two together and used a piece of scrap fabric for the backing.  Cue a much stronger mat for the cost of the mat - 75p.  You've gotta love those scraps! 






1 comment:

  1. What no picture of the bead mat!
    Mmmm...almond flavour anything!
    Days at home are the best aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete