Saturday 20 January 2018

"I am not going to buy anymore fabric!"




Today we set off for  new quilt show in Newark. I had been lucky enough to receive a free ticket from someone on Facebook who had won one but couldn't go.  Nevertheless, we managed to be at the front of the queue and I was the first one in!




Of course I had a short list, which was soon completed -needles, some fabric (no - that quote wasn't from me!) and a pattern (plus some impulse buys of course).  Meanwhile we admired the fantastic quilts and I was particularly impressed with the way that thread and free motion embroidery was used to colour in!  I had intended to challenge myself last year and enter a quilt into the "Journal Quilt" category but, for some reason, I didn't.  However I have now seen what they wanted and, yes you will hear it here first, I firmly intend to enter next year!




Some of the other quilts were just wonderful - I really liked this folding "postcard" - but, all too soon, we collapsed and decided it was time for home!  We had all spent up!

So - who said the blog title?  Well, let's just say that we watched as Sewingbuddy broke her resolution - bless!










3 comments:

  1. Well what’s a girl to do,
    It’s like taking an alcoholic into a pub !
    What do you expect.
    Oh well was good fun..
    Looove my scarecrow.

    Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous day! The quilts look gorgeous! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine - it was a small but lovely show with a wonderful atmosphere -plenty of room to get around and admire the quilts.

      Delete