Monday 15 January 2018

Oh dear me dear me dear!

No sooner had I published last night post when Sewingbuddy messaged me on facebook - "just read blog- oh dear, Problems, was going to message you but thought you were leaving it till Tuesday. Woke up rearing to go and bored, so thought sew pockets in side panels! NO- pockets bigger than panels, it had printed wrong size as I suspected ? After scrutinising the panel noticed in small print pattern should print 91/2 in high and 21 in Long."

Long story short - part of yesterday's sewing efforts has served no purpose and I now have to go back and reprint the pattern for the ides, check that its now right and cut out again -sew again etc!  I could REALLY get to hate this bag!!

This morning was the usual Textile group gathering.  As last week we are working on a mouse pincushion and were all engaged in completing different sides.  I started my wool felt applique side - wool felt is one of my favourite mediums to work with!

After a quick home visit (long enough to tidy the lounge, forget to shut the door and then clear up the mess that the dogs had made as they shredded something that they had found!), it was then off out again to Slimming World.  Truthfully this week I have not been too consistent in watching what I ate - so it came as a nice surprise to see that I had maintained!  It's a marathon not a sprint (as they say!!)  Jean had also put weight on - she was bound to now that she is on the mend and eating again - so we both need to get down to it properly this week (the menu has been planned for the week and stuck to the kitchen cupboard!)  I also took the opportunity for some impromptu stair climbing - all the way to the top!!  I'm getting good at this lark!

My other big news is that I opened the large suitcase in the loft - and found a treasure trove of clothes that had been too small but were now heading into view!  I need to try them on, of course, but there are potential entries into my cruise wardrobe!!  Some of them, to my shame, still have labels on!!  One of them is a long dress that I loved and thought that I had thrown out - fingers crossed that it fits!

Tonight I will try printing out that darn pattern for the sides (and resetting the parameters if necessary) in readiness for re-sewing them tomorrow - ah well!

3 comments:

  1. Grr to the bag...reminds me why I don't dabble too often in sewing! Piccies of the pretty dresses???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for maintaining, better than gaining?

    If you don’t manage to print pattern I will bring mine on Wednesday .
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh l feel your pain on the pattern not printing out the correct size that happened to me with the bionic gear bag thank goodness I discovered my error before I started working with the fabric

    ReplyDelete