Wowee - did you have the winds that we had last night? Fortunately everything is still intact - but it sounded like touch and go in the wee small hours! My morning started with a quick emergency dash to the shops for dog food before I settled down to the mammoth task of adding binding to THE bag. I have added binding to many quilts and bags - but none of them were as difficult as this one -it really felt like I had gone three rounds with some wrestler - and lost! However, once attached on one side, I could then settle down, after lunch, to hand sew the other side. So, after many many hours of effort - here it is at last!
As with most projects, I have learned lessons along the way that would make a second bag easier - but I may need to leave a gap in time before I start again! I am also hoping that my modified version can use the "too small" sides - so that they don't go to waste!
Elsewhere in my humdrum life I walked the dogs, sorted some fabric out for an "Emmeline sew along" that Sewingbuddy signed me up for, and spent some valuable time sorting out some parts (not many I will admit) of the craft room.
Tonight it's the WI supper club outing to a local hostelry - I think that I have chosen "Liver and bacon" for a change!