Friday 26 January 2018

"Late to the party"

Today mum had "booked" me to go over and help sort out the second bedroom - sorting out the plastic boxes if you recall.  I had given her homework - to take all of the pictures out of the wardrobe and sort through them - then I could take the ones she didn't want anymore to the charity shop.  Imagine my surprise when I walked into the bedroom that we sorted last week and was met with this!  Had she not done her homework?  Well, yes she had - they wanted to keep all of these and just get rid of 2!!



Mum had, however, been busy with the back bedroom - this chaos was the result of pulling all of the plastic boxes from underneath the bad and sorting through them - ready to box up and put into the loft.  I was then able to use my time putting spare duvets and pillows into vacuum sealed bags - as the title of the blog suggests, I may be late to this particular party - but such fun!!  I was also able to use the new loft stairs to put the duvets away.  These bags have a lifetime guarantee and we were very impressed with them!


With 15 minutes to go before I had to leave, we decided to turn the bedroom around 180 degrees (it was worth the effort and looks much better) and found more plastic boxes under the bed - gulp!!

From then on in, it was a trip to the charity shop with a full boot (where I was "accosted" by someone else going in wanting one of the items I was donating!) shopping in Boyes /Range for my monthly sewing class and filling up with petrol.  Driving home, I was "dreaming" of a nap -which is what I did when I gt in.  Consequently there has not been any sewing done today!  I am out tonight at the book club meal so it will need to wait until tomorrow.  Mind you a tired sewing session often ends up being one featuring the ripstitcher!


1 comment: