Monday 29 January 2018

It's a Monday so.......

..... it's Textile Group and Slimming World -gosh. I reckon that you could write this post yourselves!

We are one week away from finishing (according to the plan) our Mouse Pincushion.  Now, at this point, I should admit that I have had this pattern for a couple of years and cannot, for the life of me, understand why it has taken me so long to complete it!  Today I managed to finish it off - and love its cuteness!






Carine and Wendy have also finished theirs, whereas Ev is just starting out and Jean could not come again since she was at the fracture clinic having her wrist attended to!



Home for a couple of hours meant that I could hoover and tidy around, sort the bins out etc - all the normal domestic chores - as well as sorting out something to take to the taster session at Slimming World.  We have been asked to take syn free food in this afternoon and I have gone for the simplest one - boiled eggs!  I have a glut of eggs at the moment so it seemed apt.

Weight wise, I lost just half a pound - but, when you think of half a pound of butter gone, I have to be grateful for that!  I know that some people don't like going and staying to meetings but I am lucky to have found a really supportive group and find it very inspirational to share ideas - that's why one of the first things I do when I get home is to plan the week's menu!

Top of the list of ideas has to be liver casserole and pork casserole - having picked up these two yellow ticketed items in Mum's Spar tonight.  I have also brought home some boiled eggs (curses!) and so will defrost some Linda McCartney Sausages to make syn free scotch eggs tomorrow! 

Mission 4 1/2 stone award starts here!

1 comment: