- Make upstairs respectable for the plumber - tick
- Pack suitcase - clothes were ironed yesterday - tick
- Change bedding and wash - nice to come home to clean bedding - tick
- Finish two Tuesday night blocks and layer them up ready for tonight - tick
- Empty the airing cupboard (why do I have so much bedding - this will need some serious decluttering) - tick
- Load and then emptied the dishwasher - tick
- Hoover and tidy around - tick
- De-Daisy the conservatory (it's full of twigs etc) - tick
- Pack the craft projects up - tick
- Pack the dog bowls, food, chews, beds etc - tick
- Attend a WI planning lunch - tick
Now I may have left some tasks out but I think that you get my point. I once had a notion of retiring and buying a campervan with the idea that I would just take off for a few days here and there - not a chance - I would need time to recover before, during and after the holiday!
So - now its time to rest for a few minutes before setting off for our first Tuesday night class of the summer term. I have prepared for some quilt as you go techniques - 28 blocks are layered up and ready to go! Sadly I believe that the final quilt has around 49 blocks in it - so only 21 to go then!!