Friday 19 February 2016

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last night was an evening of two halves.  First up was slimming World and, after the angel that I had been last week, I stepped on the scales eager to see the huge weight loss.  Well - it was a loss but hardly huge - just two pounds!  I am presuming that I got away with it last week and that things have caught up with me - but!  Next up was the WI craft group where the Chairwoman - Terri - was kindly hosting and teaching us how to decoupage.  I took along a Clarins box to cover the lid (it is the right size to store most of my Splendid Sampler blocks in).  I was very pleased with the result - particularly when Carine discarded the title from one of her pages ( I love the film Yankee Doodle Dandy) and when Terri kindly gave me a handmade handle made from two empty bobbins to decoupage in place!  I just need to fasten a thin ribbon around the sides to draw the two box pieces together and complete the project.

Today was a catch up with Trisha and Julia at Meadowhall (Jean kindly came round and fed Daisy).  I'm not saying that we talked a lot - but we had been in M & S café for over two hours!  As usual the conversation covered family issues, health etc before swiftly moving onto medication and funeral arrangements - I guess its a sign of old age then!  We stopped and laughed when we realised what was going on!  Trisha had kindly bought me a replacement Kipling monkey to replace the one that I had lost and gave me an Estee Lauder toiletries bag that she had been given as  a free gift - I am one lucky girl!

Tonight, hence the title of the blog today, is the WI Christmas meal (that would be 2015 Christmas meal then).  We have to bring a small gift and will swap using raffle tickets to decide on an order.  I can't say what's in mine yet - but it is WI related!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day and even a little loss is better than none :)

    ReplyDelete