Wednesday 7 September 2016

The best laid plans - and all that!

So - I was looking forward to my sewing retreat - until I received a message from Michelle - are you free to come to a church meeting on Wednesday morning?  Now I could have lied - but, there again, this blog had just announced that I had three free days ahead of me.  Not sure that I could get away with that one.  But I had my list to get through?  So, I did what any sensible person would do - I got up when I wok up (6:50am) and got stuck in.  Therefore, by the time I left for the meeting (10am) I had completed block 59






and had put borders on parts of the Christmas present - ready for sewing (can't show you for obvious reasons)




Mind you - at around 11;30pm last night - I remembered that I had a Tesco delivery today due at noon.  With just 15 minutes to spare I logged on and changed it for the 9 - 10 slot - phew!  Does everyone else have my sort of mad life?

After the meeting I popped in to B & Q again - this time for a three way extension phone plug - I now have a working landline!  The wifi connector plug was a little "clatty" to set up- but I now have wifi throughout the house and to the back of the garden (think "she cave"!).

Once home, and after a SW friendly Caesar salad which was very nice, I took the dogs to the beach before making the Great British Bake Off Ginger Thins - ready for tonight after the weigh in.  I know that there are a lot but, this morning, I offered to make two cheesecakes for two upcoming church functions.  My plan is to blitz the spares up and freeze ready to make the base.  At least if they are blitzed then I can't scoff them!




Back on schedule for the sewing retreat I then set to and finished my Gail Pan bag by sewing the handles and top stitching the opening.  It feels good to get some UFO's finished.  I even managed to find some time to prepare (well - sort out what fabric I am using and iron the pieces ready for cutting) the next Splendid Sampler block on my list.  Maybe today didn't work out as bad as I thought it might!

Finish 4 splendid sampler blocks - no/s 59, 57, 46 and 34
  • Finish my Gail Pan bag
  • Make a table runner for mum
  • Prepare the equipment and supplies for my weekend workshop
  • Cut 42 10" calico squares for my sewing class next Tuesday
  • Finish my Lynette Anderson wall hanging
  • Make up 8 parts of a Christmas present (I have more details on my hand written list - don't worry)
  • Prepare another Christmas present ready for sewing
  • Raw edge applique a flower onto my sewing apron.

  • Tonight is my first weigh in and, judging by my regular "comfort" breaks, I will have lost some water at least.  Fingers crossed!

    1 comment:

    1. Sounds like you got loads done! Keeping legs and fingers crossed for you!

      ReplyDelete