So - we set off and, I must admit, we did do a few false turns to put them off the scent. We turned into Waltham Windmill and Jean piped up - "ooh I've never been here before". As I turned the car around I replied " well you won't be going today". Cruel eh? Then we stopped off at a Garden Centre. Again Jean said " Ooh I really like it here". Well I replied "you've got ten minutes for a quick look around and a toilet stop". Her face was a picture! Eventually, of course, we ended up at our destination - Lilly's tea room in Keelby where I invited them to pick anything that they wanted. Jean and Wendy ended up with a very attractive looking ploughman's lunch whilst I had a bacon and brie sandwich. For afters we all indulged in a cake although mine was a very gooey bounty cake. Yes I know that my first weigh-in is tomorrow but these things just have to be done and I can cut down on tea tonight!
On the way home we stopped off at B & Q - I haven't had a landline since the end of July and think that I know what the problem is - the wires in my connection box have come loose so I wanted a connector tool. Meanwhile I was seduced by a Wifi extender so the next task is to try and extend the wifi into the far end of the conservatory / bedroom - maybe even into the garden ready for the she cave!
Looking at my calendar I have nothing really planned for the next three days - just slimming world tomorrow night and a Tesco order. So I have decided to plan a sewing retreat. Over the next three days I intend to:-
- Finish 4 splendid sampler blocks - no/s 59, 57, 46 and 34
- Finish my Gail Pan bag
- Make a table runner for mum
- Prepare the equipment and supplies for my weekend workshop
- Cut 42 10" calico squares for my sewing class next Tuesday
- Finish my Lynette Anderson wall hanging
- Make up 8 parts of a Christmas present (I have more details on my hand written list - don't worry)
- Prepare another Christmas present ready for sewing
- Raw edge applique a flower onto my sewing apron.
There - I have put it out there so now I will be accountable!