Saturday 4 March 2017

Waiting, always waiting!

I don't know about you but if I have a ay at home, but know that  have to go out in the evening, it can feel as if I am just waiting for the day to go by - an absolute waste of time!  Today is one of those days - it's a church fund raiser - Soup and sweet - where they have a choice of soups and then as many sweets as they like.  As I said yesterday, I had offered to make a cheesecake so that was my first task (after I woke up at 9am - how dreadful!!).




Then, after sorting the kitchen out and reloading the dishwasher, it was onto the conservatory where the floor needed a good mop - the dogs bring in all sorts and the floor is permanently dirty!  After this exciting episode in my life, it was down to some sewing of those stocking fillers I mentioned a few days ago.  No pictures yet but I am trying to use up some scrap fabrics and maybe you will recognise which project these come from?







My main task, however, had to be finishing the hand sewing of the birthday present so that I can make it up tomorrow and wrap it ready for Monday.  It still seems wrong to sit and hand sew during the daytime - but I am getting used to it - gradually of course!





Craftwise, there is the birthday present, plus a Scamblesby block to prepare and take to sew tonight at the fund raiser - I don't eat and just do the raffle between the courses so might as well make use of the time.  However I must mention Sewingbuddy who was very very naughty!  I woke up this morning to a Facebook message asking if I fancied this sewing workshop! I felt sorry for her so said that I would go with her - bless, she doesn't get out much!! Well, it's an excuse!

1 comment:

  1. Well I have heard it all now!
    Me leading you astray, you didn't need much arm twisting,,
    And am very touched to know it is all for my benefit- thank you kind friend. Lol
    Hope to tonight goes well, and can't believe you won't have a sneaky pudding or two?

    ReplyDelete