Saturday 11 March 2017

"Painting the forth bridge would be easier!"

Today was a Scamblesby day and I am sure that you will be grateful to hear that I forgot to take my camera!  As usual there was a rang of projects being completed although we did decide on next year's communal project and a workshop for our next meeting in April - we are nothing if not organised!

Wendy came along, for a change, and because she needed space and help to layer up her Tuesday night quilt - it is MASSIVE (I have chickened out and made table runners instead - as it is quilting just the first one seems like painting the forth bridge - hence the blog title).  It took 3 people to layer up the quilt and I know that she is grateful for all the help she received - it meant that she could quilt most of the strength lines to stabilise the quilt before embarking on the free motion quilting patterns.

I came home to a nice pressie from the postman.  On Tuesday, at our bag workshop, I saw this lovely pin cushion / work station and, of course , just had to get the pattern for it!


Tonight will see the sewing in of loose ends on the table runner whilst I wait for a Tesco delivery - what did we do before such things existed?

1 comment:

  1. Home deliveries have opened up a whole new word haven't they!

    ReplyDelete