Thursday 2 March 2017

Saving those pennies!

Today started just like yesterday - finishing off those blessed hearts!  It's the WI meeting tonight so that tends to set the agenda for the day.  Step 1 - finish the crafts to show tonight.  Step 2 - warp those birthday gifts - I couldn't remember how many birthdays there were and bought 8 pots of Tete a tete bulbs from M & S - turns out there was 3 birthdays!  However I always buy two more in case my list is out of date and I am responsible for some form of table decoration - so a hedge of daffs should do well!  They will then be put in the raffle so won't go to waste.  By then it was noon - I know, doesn't the simplest of things take longer than you think?




Next up was sorting out the WI raffle prizes and money tin.  Whilst I was in the mod to dal with money I raided my loose chain pot and sorted out some money for my "spends" on a forthcoming holiday.  It turns out that my loose change has added up to £48!!  In a fabric shop this will soon be spent - but how quickly these things grow!



After a lovely sunny dog walk - albeit a freezing one and accompanied by an RAF plane - it was then time to sort some fabric etc for a workshop that I am going to next Tuesday with Sewingbuddy.  I am off shopping tomorrow so it was useful to sort out any missing requirements and form a shopping list - mainly zips!  Sewingbuddy had sourced some lovely fabric so I don't need any more of that!




By now it was time to give the house a "lick and a promise" before sorting out something to take to the supper table tonight and my competition entry.  Tonight's competition is a close up photo - I have SOOOO many of Daisy but I think that I am going to take this cute photo of Katie and Millie - when Millie was just a young pup!




1 comment:

  1. Those pennies do indeed mount up! My bank has a "Save the change"programme, whereby when my debit card is used, it rounds up any buys to the nearest pound and puts the "change" in a separate account....I don't use my debit card all that often, but there is already £18 in there! Cute piccie x

    ReplyDelete